Kishanganj is a city and a municipality in Kishanganj district in the Indian state of Bihar
Kishanganj is located at 25°42’N 86°57’E25.7°N 86.95°E. It has an average elevation of 42 metres (137 feet). The Ramzan river crosses through the middle of the town, which adds more attraction to the beauty of the city.This is the end point of Bihar in the north-east direction.It’s one of the most sensetive districts of India,as the borders os this districts are touching the border of Bangladesh and Nepal in south-east and north directions respectevly. this is one of the palaces in India where one can find the Muslims in majority. As per the statictis the 60% of the population is of Muslim region. For its lush greenery Kishganj is also called Heaven of Bihar.
As of 2001 India census, Kishanganj had a population of 85,494. Males constitute 54% of the population and females 46%. Kishanganj has an average literacy rate of 32%, lower than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 60%, and female literacy is 18%. In Kishanganj, 18% of the population is under 6 years of age. Kishanganj also has the lowest female literacy rate in India.
There are many small and big institutions, but some of the well-known institutions are as follows:
- Inter High School, Dey Market
- Mata Gujari Memorial Medical College,and L.S.K hospital
- Marwari College,Lahra,Kishanganj
- Nehru College, Shafqat Nagar, Bahadurganj, Kishanganj
- Shishu Niketan High School, Dangi Basti, Kishanganj
- Bal Mandir Senior Secondary School,Caltex Chowk
- Insan School and College,Siksha Nagar
- Crescent Public School,Sir Sayed Nagar
- Saint Xaviars School,Halim Chowk, Khagra
- Mehadul Uloom Madarsa,Khagra
- Kendriya Vidyalaya, B.S.F, Kishanganj
- Oriental Public School,gattani complex
- Town Academy, Kishanganj
- Diamond Public School,Dakopara,Kishanganj
- G.B.M School, Dey Market, Kishanganj
- National High School, Kishanganj
According the statistics Kishanganj has a major railhead which is connected to major cities and towns of India. Rajdhani Express which runs between Delhi and Guwahati has its stoppage in Kishanganj.The National Highway No.-31 runs along with the railway line. NH-31 is India’s one of the important and busiest Highways.Both the railhead and National highways works as lifeline for this small city.Both this means of transportation helping this city to grow faster than the other cities located nearby.