Munger: Two persons were electrocuted when a high voltage power line snapped and fell on them in Munger district of Bihar during the early hours today.
“The two villagers were sitting alongside the road when an 11,000 KV electricity supply line passing overhead snapped and fell on them. They died on the spot,” Munger Superintendent of Police Barun Kumar Sinha said.
The incident happened at Mohanpur village under Dharhara police station in the district and the deceased have been identified as Ratan Kumar (26) and Madari Singh (60), he said.
Financial assistance has been provided to the victims’ families for conducting their last rites, he said.