April 15, 2024

The Bihar

Bihar's #1 Online Portal

4 of a family receive burn injuries in Begusarai

1 min read

Four persons, including three minors of a family, received burn injuries after a fire broke out at a house at Manjhaul Chatti village in Bihar’s Begusarai district, police said today.

The fire broke out due to an LPG cylinder leak in the house, the police said. The residents of the house, unaware of the leak, put pieces of wood in a pot and lit it inside a room to keep themselves warm, and the room caught fire, the police said.

The fire then spread to other parts of the house, a police officer said.

The Station House Officer (SHO) of Town police station, Sunil Kumar, said those who received burn injuries were Ruso Devi, her daughter Rekha Kumari, her grandson Nitish Kumar, and her grand daughter Priyanka.

The villagers and Ruso Devi’s neighbours doused the flames and admitted all of them to Manjhaul referral hospital from where they were referred to Begusarai sadar hospital for better treatment, the SHO said.

Courtesy: PTI

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *