Abducted boy sent back with warning in Jamui2 min read
The boy was released with a message that all students should leave the residential school or face dire consequences.
A Class XI student, who was among the thirty Class X state board exam toppers from Jamui’s Simultala Residential School, was abducted at gunpoint from the school on the intervening night of Wednesday and Thursday. The boy was later released with a message that all students should leave the residential school or face dire consequences.
While ruling out Maoists’ involvement, Jamui DM S S Tiwari, said the incident might have taken place because of “jealously of some people” who were not happy with the growing stature of the school. Jamui police, however, immediately provided security to the school that made news by giving 30 out of 31 top rank holders in the state board exams this year.
The victim (identity protected) told police that three to four kidnappers woke him up around 1:30 am on Wednesday night and asked him to accompany them to the nearby jungle. One of the kidnappers, according to him, spoke English and carried expensive gadgets.
The boy said a kidnapper took out a gadget to “improve” his mobile network connection. The kidnappers told the boy they would not harm him, and that he was abducted to carry a message to the school principal, Rajiv Ranjan, that all boys should leave the school immediately.
Jamui SP Jayant Kant said: “We have not got any lead on Maoists’ involvement so far. The modus operandi and involvement of tech-savvy goons suggests enmity with the school’s growing reputation. We will probe along this line”. Sources said police was keeping an eye on some private schools in the area.
Courtesy: The Indian Express