Unhygienic ice-cream left 40 children ill in Supaul1 min read
Patna: At least 40 children became sick post gorging to ice-cream in a village in Bihar’s Supaul district on Saturday, officials said.
Around half a dozen were admitted to hospital as their condition worsened while the others were discharged after initial treatment.
The incident took place at Vishnupur village under Pipra police station in Supaul, said district health official Mukesh Kumar, a district health official said.
According to police officials, the children, mostly minors, complained of stomach pains and started vomiting after eating ice-cream.
“It is a clear case of food poisoning,” he said.